The Blue Sapphire..by Michael

The Blue Sapphire..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Benny got an email about an invitation to a high school reunion. It brought a smile to his face as it's been twenty years since he graduated. Maybe it would be nice to see old faces and names long since forgotten. The school was in a former borough he grew up in, yet only a forty five minute drive away. He responded yes to this invite and marked it on his calendar. That Saturday evening came in the month of June as he arrived at the scheduled time of seven o'clock that night.  A live band was there to play oldies from the time when that music was most loved.  A wide variety of food was available at self service tables along with an open bar. The food was free, the drinks were to be paid for.  A nice size dance floor held enough room for those who wanted to use it.  A few faces looked familiar as he caught up on old times with those he remembered, and those who remembered him. It was towards the end of the evening when the music slowed down. A lady approached him and asked if he remembered her. At the same time she held up her right hand with a ring on her finger. A blue star sapphire in the middle of a gold graduation ring he had once given her. Benny started to cry as he recognized his high school sweetheart and the ring he gave her out of love. They danced to a favorite slow song of theirs. It turned out quite well for the both of them as Barbara also now lived in the same borough as Benny. The former romance continued where it left off. Two years later his bride wore an unusual colored wedding dress. You might say it was the exact color of a blue star sapphire...Maybe romantic trails starts with an invitation to a high school reunion. A special ring  given out of love is seen once again. It transforms itself into the form a beautiful wedding dress, now known as the blue sapphire...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
Added on October 13, 2014
Last Updated on October 13, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing