It Was 1962..by Michael

It Was 1962..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

It was 1962 as an order was placed for two cheeseburgers and fries. Ten minutes later the waitress glided through the parking lot on her roller skates. Mark rolled down the drivers side window as she placed the tray of food there. He put it between him and Marianne after tipping the young lady. The small plastic containers of ketchup were ripped open as each of them decorated their cheeseburger and fries. It was good timing as the drive in movie started to play on the big screen in front of them. Eighteen year old Mark took his seventeen year old girlfriend home that evening and walked her to the front door. They kissed goodnight and then she went into her parents house. The dating lasted until college was attended by both in different states. Then they lost touch. It was now 1982 as the thirty eight year old Mark thought about the good old days. For old time sake he decided to drive back to a place of fond memories. The huge parking lot was still there, but not the drive in movie. It had been replaced by an elaborate shopping mall. He sat there in a familiar parking space and just started daydreaming. I guess Mark was tired as he finally fell asleep sitting there and smiling to himself. A knock on the drivers side window woke him up. A waitress on roller skates stood outside with a tray in her hands. He rolled down the window and took in an order of two cheeseburgers and fries. He placed it between him and Marianne after tipping the young lady. The small plastic containers of ketchup were ripped open as both of them decorated their cheeseburger and fries. They planned this time to go to the same college in the same state. It worked out just fine as the relationship continued. The address of the wedding reception stood out as a significant sign of what had just occurred. 1962 Woodbury Lane. Maybe we find the need to visit a place that once made us happy. Then something magical happens which takes us by surprise. Daydreams and falling asleep with a smile can often lead to something much more. Case in point in this short love story where we need to go back and continue what was supposed to be...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi
I enjoyed this. I read several of your other love stories and liked them, but this has an element of second chances with a question mark.
Thanks
Nonnye

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Nonnye. Please consider looking at my 17 published books of short stories on my we.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing