A Yellow Rose In Crest Wood..by Michael

A Yellow Rose In Crest Wood..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

It was eleven o'clock on a brisk cold day in November that morning. On the corner of forty second street and Madison Ave he stood waiting for her. The flight from Texas to New York was right on schedule as she stepped out of the taxi cab at the designated meeting place. It was a few years that they talked and emailed each other before finally meeting now in person. They recognized each other right away and exchanged a hug and a kiss hello. One block before Grand Central Station was a street vendor on the corner selling hot salted pretzels. In between bites they talked of things gone by and things that could possibly be. They paid for two tickets at the window for a one way trip to Crest Wood. "Before we get on the train, I have to check something at the information booth", he said to her. He picked up something that was left there not too long ago and then handed it to her. It was a yellow rose which brought some tears to her eyes as she was his yellow rose of Texas. They held hands as she got a window seat on Metro North Railroad and enjoyed the view outside which was much different from where she used to live. The thirty minute ride seemed to go by in a blink of an eye, as time often does when you are enjoying each other. "Next stop is Crest Wood, the conductor announced over the train's speakers. They walked a half a block to car service that would drive them to his home only six blocks away. By five o'clock the local pizza store was taking orders for deliveries. He called for a large pie with pepperoni and two Sicilian squares. The blender whirled around as he poured two home made bloody Mary's. The cold November winds blew outside, but the warmth of two bodies kept each cozy that night. He slipped a ring on her finger while she slept and the next morning she cried with tears of joy in her eyes and that said yes. A beautiful flower sat in a vase on a night table in their bedroom. It was a yellow rose in Crest Wood.....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An absolutely beautiful story and I'm glad I happened upon it. It's quite a fantasy as I don't suppose romance happens this fast in real life even between people who've been talking and emailing each other for five years...or does it? :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Romance sometimes is a fantasy, yet in reality can happen in a matter of minutes. Please consider my.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Added on November 9, 2014
Last Updated on November 9, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing