My Pillow, Your Pillow..by Michael

My Pillow, Your Pillow..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

In summer camp we met for the first time. Two strangers who quickly became friends at the ages of ten and nine years old. Our parents picked us up when the summer was over and were very happy that their daughter had made a new friend with someone who also lived in the same neighborhood, but had never met before. We attended each others birthday parties the next few years and we also back to that summer camp. You remembered the flowers I left under your pillow and I remembered the same under mine. Daisies became roses as we went into our teenage years and early twenties. Our parents sensed something very special in our relationship and smiled at each other. One night I had a dream where I visited you while your head lay sleeping on your pillow. It was gift that was supposed to be handed to you in person, but instead was put under your pillow. You awoke the next morning with one hand under the pillow as usual. Something was in reach at your fingertips as it was clutched in your hand. My phone rang about five minutes later as you asked me "how did this engagement ring get under my pillow"? "It was in a dream the night before", I replied. You said "yes" over the phone, I will marry you for sure". We both told our parents about the good news which they sort of expected quite a while ago. It was beautiful wedding the following year in the month of June. Both our parents thought it would be also. A honeymoon soon followed as we checked into the resort. Both of us had one hand under the pillow we shared as we always slept that way before. At the kitchen table we met for breakfast with both our hands behind our backs, just waiting to surprise each other. At the same time we both held out a daisy and a rose that was given in last nights dream. A gift from my pillow, your pillow....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely and heartwarming. Marriage proposals and weddings seem to be a theme in your stories! At least I enjoy that they're short, although I'm curious if you have a purpose for making them all one paragraph...I'll have to check out your books.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you Jennie. I'm sure you will find quite a few out of my 17 books to your liking. My email add.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on November 12, 2014
Last Updated on November 12, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing