Aquamarine Blue..by Michael

Aquamarine Blue..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

It sat in the back of his parent's house in the driveway a few feet from the garage. Jeffery's first car as a birthday present to a son who had just obtained his new drivers license. The twenty one year old hosed it down and carefully soaped it up and washed it again. Then it was polished and simonized as the aquamarine blue car sparkled like a diamond. A brand new 1969 mustang which he fell in love with right away. His first true girlfriend often spent time over at his parents house in that back driveway helping him clean his pride and joy. Janet loved the car as much as he did as they were the only people that sat in the front seats. Eventually they split up as young couples often do and Jeffrey sold for a newer one that was bigger. The years went by as he turned forty two years old and had forgotten old cars and girlfriends. It was on a block he rode down when he saw a for sale sign on the back window of an aquamarine blue 1969 mustang. Fond memories surfaced as he called the phone number on the advertisement. Jeffrey bought it and fixed it up to it's original condition. Inside the glove compartment was an address book he left behind from so many years ago. It only contained one name which happened to be Janet. She answered the phone and soon drove over to meet him once again. In his back driveway they both cleaned the car together and kissed and hugged just like they used to. It was one year later that a bride and groom walked down the aisle. Nothing traditional on her part but well accepted as it had a very special meaning for the both of them. Janet looked so lovely in aquamarine blue....Maybe something is sold and bought back again for a reason. An item in glove compartment left behind, a girl he once loved, and a color that would make statement of commitment. Case in point in a short love story about Jeffrey, Janet, and aquamarine blue....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A heartwarming story about the power of love; it makes me believe in fate. Excellent!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you my dear ((Jennie)) Our hearts are only capable of speaking the truth. I like you a lot and.. read more
Jennie Baron

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the kind words. We may share a similar outlook. Mine is obvious from my writing. But t.. read more
Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Terrific! Glad you are happy!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
1 Review
Added on November 14, 2014
Last Updated on November 14, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing