Never Let Go Again..by Michael

Never Let Go Again..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Before punk rock, hip hop, and rap, there used to be music at one time. There was a melody with lyrics that made sense, a song you could dance to. Music is the universal language, but lately has slipped away into some other category which I will never understand. Girls used to be attractive before putting rings in their nostrils, tongues, and eyebrows. A simple pony tail was nice back then, but now blue and pink streaks adorn their hair as a clown in a circus might do. Soft white skin has now been replaced with tattoos and I thought to myself that is not the way it should be. Credit cards put us now in debt beyond our means, yet I never owned one and never will. Simple cash will do alright for me. Where have all the phone booths gone? Cell phones must have done away with them. My dimes and quarters were no longer needed. So the death rate climbs in automobile accidents to the driver not paying attention to the road as this devise is glued to their ear. Oh well, I'm just an old fashioned kind of a guy who misses who misses the way things used to be. The only thing left from the past is my 1963 Chevy Corvette convertible. It pulled into a parking lot where a huge shopping mall now stands. I missed the drive in movie that used to be there. Something else taken away that once meant something. I must have fallen asleep from boredom, or not knowing what to do next. Suddenly I heard static on the car radio as if the stations were being switched. When my eyes opened there was a movie being played in front of me from a drive in where I used to go to. Rachel handed me a burger and fries and said, "I love James Dean, thank you for taking me here". I put my arm around her after we ate and enjoyed the rest of the movie. Looking back has its benefits and rewards for someone who needed it so desperately. I kissed Rachel and never let again...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think your writing is very good

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you for enjoying my stuff.
Totally enjoyed this. I want to visit your world too. Did you mean "who misses" twice? Did you mean "never left again" at the end.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

What I mean is left up to the readers own conclusions.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 20, 2014
Last Updated on November 20, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing