Shoulder To Shoulder..by Michael

Shoulder To Shoulder..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Two strangers walked around the museum and looked at various paintings. One in particular caught the attention of both as they stood shoulder to shoulder just staring at it. The lady in the painting was from an earlier century and the painter never signed his name to this portrait. Where she sat in the room looked very familiar to her as the models face looked very familiar to him. They both turned to each other and spoke of the similar feelings that each had. Probably just a coincidence from two people who thought something more than was really there. They talked for quite a while and decided to meet again for a first date in a local restaurant. His name Arthur rang a bell and her name Elizabeth did also, but such things happen as we meet other people. After a year of seeing each other they decided to get married. The priest was a collector of antiques from previous centuries and commented to him about where he got this wedding ring. "From a jewelry store in our neighborhood", he replied. "Well this one is about a century old my dear friend", the priest said. The now married couple went back to the museum and carefully looked at the portrait in greater detail. There was a wedding ring on the models finger that exactly matched the one his wife was wearing. Something they both thought about for years to come, but did it really matter? In the scheme of things where love is involved, the past and present somehow connect once again which gives us another chance. Museums and paintings and familiar strangers come together where they should, and why not? I stood shoulder to shoulder next to you!....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the message, that love is constant. It's timeless and mirrored in objects we desire like wedding rings. I often look at my ring and don't see diamonds, I see the day he proposed, our wedding, our daughter. I look at the ring and see his love for me. The idea that someone else's love somehow had a part at bringing Arthur and Elizabeth is beautiful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you for enjoying this.



Reviews

I love the message, that love is constant. It's timeless and mirrored in objects we desire like wedding rings. I often look at my ring and don't see diamonds, I see the day he proposed, our wedding, our daughter. I look at the ring and see his love for me. The idea that someone else's love somehow had a part at bringing Arthur and Elizabeth is beautiful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you for enjoying this.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Added on December 4, 2014
Last Updated on December 4, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing