A Set Of Swings..by Michael

A Set Of Swings..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Sometimes a memory isn't triggered until you actually go back to where it came from. In this case, a hotel owned by my uncle many years ago. Summer months spent as a child growing up where my parents would take me throughout the years. Upstate New York was the location. The Youngsville Inn was the name of this resort. I was now fifty years old but thought about this long forgotten summer getaway and decided to go back and pay a visit. My uncle had passed away some time ago and the name of the resort had changed, yet the grounds and the atmosphere remained the same. I ordered the same meals as before, a child at heart never changes. Beyond the baseball field was a playground and I slowly walked there in anticipation of something special. There was a set of swings that sat next to each other and this was where my memory was triggered. One seat was painted blue, the other was red. The original colors remained as my memory of long ago now became an instant flashback. Fourteen year old Jeffrey sat next to thirteen year old Melissa. We held hands and swung back and forth with a kiss in between a set of swings. The details of my blue shorts and her red ones matched as they once did before. A forty nine year old lady walked towards the playground where she used to go as a child growing up many years ago. She was now wearing red pants and sat on the swing next to me. "Your blue dungarees look the same as the shorts you wore a long time ago", she said with a smile. "So do your red pants", I replied. We held hands and swung back and forth with a kiss in between. Looking back, the wife and I can remember a set of swings....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this short clip, however would have liked it to be broken up in paragraphs for an easier read. I was confused because I was just getting into the memory flashback, and then realized you had taken me back to current time. I was expecting a story of a memory.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Its a great short story, but I did get confused at one point when the flashback was there and then suddenly back to the present day.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this short clip, however would have liked it to be broken up in paragraphs for an easier read. I was confused because I was just getting into the memory flashback, and then realized you had taken me back to current time. I was expecting a story of a memory.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 31, 2014
Last Updated on December 31, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing