A Backyard Sprinkler..by Michael

A Backyard Sprinkler..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

In the backyard of his parents house was a garden with a backyard sprinkler. It was just to the left of a small driveway that led to a garage where mom and dad's car was parked. Down the steps and into the basement where you turned right, it led to that backyard behind the house. There was an awning that could be rolled up and down to protect one from the rain. This was the place that Michael loved to spend his weekends during those summer months. Mom and dad bought him his first car after graduating high school and it sat in the small driveway where he carefully and lovingly washed it by hand. Then he would treat himself to a dancing episode around the backyard sprinkler to cool himself off. He met his first true girlfriend at the age of twenty two. It happened to be Gail's first boyfriend so they both had this in common. It was in the month of April that they met and by early July he invited her to his parents backyard. Their first outdoor barbeque was joined by his and her parents. The next meeting they were alone there as she helped him hand wash his car. Then they danced together through the backyard sprinkler to cool off. Mom and dad smiled as they saw them through the upstairs rear house window. Their son and his girlfriend kissing beneath the sprinkler. They would sit together during thunderstorms under the awning in the same fold down lounge chair. Michael and Gail got married four years later and soon afterward bought their own home. It was carefully picked out with a basement that led to a backyard garden with a small driveway and a sprinkler that would be used for old times sake. Maybe a place that we used to live at has to be found again for personal reasons. Just take a look at two newlyweds as they dance and kiss together around a backyard sprinkler. Case in point where some habits of fun and love continue by a backyard sprinkler....
 
 
 

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
Added on January 3, 2015
Last Updated on January 3, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing