Not The Onions..by Michael

Not The Onions..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Harriet was peeling onions which would part of a home made dinner. They made her cry as onions often do. However, it was well worth the preparation for this was her first date inside her own apartment. The week before she met a young man on the same car of the train while going to work. What she liked best about him was his sense of humor which made her laugh through most of the ride. The laughter was missing for quite a while until it returned when she met this charming young man. Jeremy asked to see her again for a first date as she invited him over him over for dinner the following weekend. They sat together in the same train car for the rest of the week and got to know each other a little better until their first date. Saturday evening came as Jeremy rings the bell and Harriet opens the door to let him in. She came out of the kitchen with tears in her eyes and he asked why she was crying. Harriet laughed and replied "it's the onions, I'm not really crying." After dinner they had some drinks together, talked, laughed, and then watched a romantic movie in her living room. He said goodnight when it was time to leave as they kissed for the first time. Train rides were very pleasant the next few weeks as they continued to sit next to each other. A second date was set up where she was invited over to his apartment for dinner. He came out of the kitchen with tears in eyes as she asked him why he was crying. Jeremy laughed and replied, "it's the onions, I'm not really crying". Three years later he handed her a little black box which she opened as he put the engagement ring on her finger. He then took an onion out of his pocket as she laughed out loud and said "is this supposed to make me cry"? Tears were shed by Harriet but this time it wasn't from an onion. Love happens with humor and romance as tears of joy are shed. Case in point in a short love story about Harriet and Jeremy......
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on January 4, 2015
Last Updated on January 4, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing