The Street Vendor..by Michael

The Street Vendor..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

The street vendor squeezed his plastic bottle of mustard on Wendy's hot dog. That was all she needed for a light lunch break before going back to work. She stood there and munched on her food as the next customer behind her ordered his lunch also. He went through his pockets and then realized he had left his wallet at home. The embarrassed  man told the vendor he was sorry as Wendy heard their conversation. She reached into her purse and said "your hot dog is on me". William thanked her as he introduced himself. They stood there and talked for the remaining time until they had to go back to work. A casual meeting that would soon continue unexpectedly the following day. The street vendor smiled as he saw the two the two of them on the line once again. This time he was first and she was second.He munched on his hot dog with mustard as Wendy forgot her purse and he overheard the chat between her and the vendor. "This one is on me", he said as they both laughed out loud at this twist of circumstances. The street vendor knew something was special about them. Four years later an amazing event took place. The wedding table had the bride and groom sitting next to each other. William kissed Wendy after a toast. A waiter and also a former street vendor approached the table. Two hot dogs with mustard were served. Maybe we stand on line waiting for a light snack during lunch break. One leaves a wallet home and the other forgets her purse. A favor is returned so lunch can be served for both. Sometimes love meets on a line waiting for a light snack. It becomes heavy as relationships go, and ends up with permanent meals together. Case in point in a short love story about Wendy and William, and the smiling street vendor who knew it all along....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on January 8, 2015
Last Updated on January 8, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing