Then There Was Three..by Michael

Then There Was Three..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Andrea decided to buy a seeing eye dog. She knew that would be of great assistance to her especially outdoors when walking the streets. Her long silver cane was good indoors to get around the house, but outdoors something more was needed. Andrea named him Ralph and they got along just fine. She especially felt more comfortable now crossing a street as the dog knew when to stop and when to proceed. One day she was doing just that but a small pothole just past the curb had her trip and fall down. The light then turned red as traffic now continued as she lay in the street with a twisted and swollen ankle. Ralph barked and whined as he didn't know what to do. A stranger from the other side of the street ran across as he waved down the traffic to stop them. He helped her back on her feet and walked Andrea back to the curb. After a brief introduction he ended up taking her to where she originally was going. Her dog licked his hand and then his face in approval. She may have been blind, but Andrea could certainly see his heart. The feeling was mutual as both started to date each other. God noticed this and decided to perform a special miracle. She awoke one morning and saw the sunrise for the first time. Her sight was restored as Andrea looked at the sleeping man next to her. He was woken up and told of what had just happened. A long and kiss were shared with many years in between. Ralph jumped up onto the bed sensing something beautiful that had just happened. He licked both of their cheeks and received a hug in return. The bar with a handle was detached from the dogs neck as Ralph was no longer a seeing eye dog, but just a regular pet now. A wedding followed one year later as God smiled to Himself for that was the plan. Maybe things happen for a reason where a higher power intervenes and makes things better once again. Case in point in a short love story involving Andrea, her new husband, and Ralph...
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on January 17, 2015
Last Updated on January 17, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing