An Overnight Delivery..by Michael

An Overnight Delivery..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

It must have been important since it arrived by express mail to Janice. She had to sign for it and whoever sent this wanted her to receive it as soon as possible. The senders name sort of sounded familiar but she couldn't quite remember who he was. Janice tore open the envelope and began to read the two page letter inside. "Remember me? I used to be your boyfriend in high school and it lasted for all four years while we were together there. Then we lost touch as each of us went to college in different cities. I researched your name and found your current address and would love to meet you again if that is possible. If you are involved with someone else at this time, then I understand that it is not possible. However, if you are not, then please write me back." The rest of the two page letter described some intimate details about their four year relationship to refresh her memory. Janice shed quite a few tears of joy at this unexpected mail as it brought some very fond memories of the boy she first fell in love with. The forty year old Janice wrote a two page letter. Michael's door bell rang as an express mail envelope was delivered which he had to sign for. It must have been important since it came in only one day. "Yes, I remember clearly now and am not currently seeing anybody at this time. Please visit me on any weekend you choose so we can catch up on old times". Her address was included as the rest of the two page letter responded the memory of those four years together. Her doorbell rang as Michael and Janice hugged each as if they would never let go. This time around they would never lose each other again as he moved in with her. Former classmates and lovers made it permanent this time as wedding vows were exchanged. Sometimes we need to search for someone who was lost a long time ago. Case in point for Janice and Michael who found love once again from an overnight delivery...
 

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was aa cute piece of writing but i think you could have broken it in several short paragraphs. I think it would read better and feel a little less rushed.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 19, 2015
Last Updated on January 19, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing