And Their Favorite Balloons..by Michael

And Their Favorite Balloons..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Pamela's parents decorated the kitchen with red, yellow, and blue balloons. They were rubbed on their hair which enough static for them to stick to the walls. The occasion was their daughters twelfth birthday party as the guests started to arrive by 4 PM that Saturday afternoon. Games were played as soda and food plus a nice birthday cake adorned the kitchen table. All the kids had a great time including the parents who showed up. The remaining fifteen minutes were spent playing with those colored balloons by all who were there. They were punched and caught, and eventually popped by the festive crowd. Only two balloons remained as Pamela saved a red one and Perry saved a blue one. They seemed to hit it off that day as young crushes often happen during good times. He kissed her on the cheek before he left which was a special moment for them, even at the age of twelve and thirteen. Children lose touch with friends and crushes as the years move on. Different schools, neighborhoods, and even cities may have them separated. Twenty years later Pamela had her own apartment. A bar opened up in her new neighborhood. She sat on the bar stool and pulled out a favorite item and color that reminded her of a twelfth birthday. It was a red balloon. Perry who was sitting next to her noticed this and smiled at a fond memory from a long time ago. He pulled out a blue balloon as she turned her head and looked at him. The memory was the same as they stared at each other and cried at this bizarre meeting once again. One year later the wedding reception was decorated with colored balloons. Red and blue was the theme which was the obvious choice. They played catch on their honeymoon until they were eventually popped. Maybe kids birthday parties have a favorite item that is saved which has a special meaning. Case in point in a short love story about Pamela and Perry and their favorite balloons....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on January 31, 2015
Last Updated on January 31, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing