A Whisper And A Word..by Michael

A Whisper And A Word..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Sometimes less really means so much more. Margaret met Jonathan on a long line waiting to get into a movie theater one Saturday night. They stood next to each other instead of one behind and one in front. A few words were exchanged with simple one word answers. Their eyes smiled at each other as both knew what was meant to be said. They held hands as if they already knew one another for a long time. It was an unexpected night where both thought they would be alone, but instead sat next to each other this Saturday evening. One hot dog was agreed upon as both nibbled on each end until a first kiss was shared. They laughed in low tone so as not to disturb anyone around them. One large cup of soda was shared with two straws for obvious reasons. He sat there with arm around her for the entire movie as her head rested on his shoulder. The dating process began and lasted for two years until Jonathan proposed marriage to Margaret. It was a simple one word answer to a four word question as she said yes. At the wedding there was a whisper and a word between them every now and then, private moments which only they understood followed by smiling eyes. A limo drove the couple to their honeymoon after the wedding. They sat in the back seat as less really means so much more. Just a few words were exchanged with simple one word answers as it was before. You might say just a whisper and a word. The married couple celebrated with food and drinks in their room and soon it was time to go to bed. A dream started a long time ago while standing on a line one Saturday night. Before going to sleep, something signified when less really means so much more. Between Jonathan and Margaret it was just a whisper and a word....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on February 8, 2015
Last Updated on February 8, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing