On The Seesaw Of Life..by Michael

On The Seesaw Of Life..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Jeffery was a cab driver who had a passenger that was going to another borough. It was a forty five minute ride as he dropped off his female passenger that Saturday afternoon. Just in time as he was about to go off duty. He was quite surprised to see that it was at the entrance to a playground just across the street from the public school he used to go to. Jeffrey smiled at the fond memories he had from way back when about twenty years ago. He watched the young lady get out of his cab and walk into the playground. The sign on top of his roof was changed from on duty to off duty. The yellow cab was parked as he watched her sit on one of the see saws. Her face seemed to reflect old memories with a smile. There was an old girlfriend back then who he shared many a ride on that same see saw. He wondered to himself about her name as it wasn't clearly remembered. Jeffery had no choice but to leave his cab and join her. He stood beside her and said in a questioning voice, "Janice...is that you"? "Jeffrey"?...she replied back. She stood up half way off of the ground as he got on the other end of the see saw. They had a lot to talk about in the two hours they spent there together. The ride back home for her was free as Janice sat in the front seat with him. They held hands and kissed at almost every red light. The former couple from so many years ago became that once again. A wedding took place two years later as they moved back to a former borough they grew up in. In the near future a son and daughter went to the same public school that mom and dad used to attend. Their favorite ride in that same playground happened to be the seesaw. Maybe drivers and passengers remember a place where they needed to go to. They reconnect and continue where they left off. Case in point in a short love story about Janice and Jeffrey, where old neighborhoods and playgrounds have us share a ride on the seesaw of life....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on February 18, 2015
Last Updated on February 18, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing