And A Ladybug..by Michael

And A Ladybug..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Wendy noticed a ladybug in her backyard garden while planting a new bed of roses. She smiled to herself and remembered that they used to be her favorite insect from childhood. The pretty orange color with those familiar black dots on its back was what made it stand out in her mind. She held out her finger and it crawled onto it. After about a minute it flew away as one thirty two year old felt like a kid again as a long forgotten part of nature came back into her life. One Saturday morning she didn't feel like cooking breakfast, so Wendy drove to the local diner instead. Her favorite meal was ordered and before she was about to leave, Wendy had to make a quick trip to the ladies room. When she returned to her table she noticed the young man who was sitting behind her. On the back of his light blue tee shirt was a photo of a ladybug. She couldn't help but ask him about it. He told her that it was his favorite insect while growing up as a kid and this was his favorite summertime tee shirt. That was what brought William and Wendy together in the first place. A Saturday morning breakfast was extended as she joined him in his booth for two cups of coffee. Phone numbers were exchanged as the attraction was mutual and they had many other things in common. The dating began and became quite serious after the first year. She accepted his engagement ring as six months later they were married. A live ladybug was captured in one of the photos taken by their wedding photographer. It sat on the shoulder of her beautiful white wedding gown. This was their choice for the cover of their album as it was just perfect to look back on when they grew old together. Maybe a favorite pretty looking insect with an orange back and black dots brought two loving souls together. A fond memory of childhood from the flower of our youth. Case in point in a short love story about Wendy and William, and a ladybug...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

774 Views
Added on February 18, 2015
Last Updated on February 18, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing