A Park Bench Away..by Michael

A Park Bench Away..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

November winds blew an old black and white photo out of the hand of a lady sitting on a park bench away. A young girl saw this as she walked through the park on her way to work. She stooped down and picked it up and then returned it to the lady just a few feet away. Smiles were exchanged as the young girl continued her daily routine. The lady looked at the photo once again to see familiar eyes that had just smiled a few moments ago. It was on a Saturday when the young girl and her father strolled through the park as the lady on the bench recognized a man that bore her a child some years before. He took her hand and said "would you like to join us for a Christmas dinner"? The mom that the daughter never knew said "yes, I would love to". Dad sat his girl beneath a tree that had a few presents yet to be unwrapped. "Before we open the gifts, I think I have some surprise for you that was not planned", he said to the little girl. She looked in moms eyes and also in the old photo that was clutched in her hand. "Mommy..mommy.."the little girl cried out in tears of joy. It was gift that the three of them were not expecting but happened anyway only a park bench away....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on February 23, 2015
Last Updated on February 23, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing