Susie's Crayons..by Michael

Susie's Crayons..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Seven year old Susie became very intense with her crayons as she colored in her coloring book. It was her world of dreams to make the black and white pages come to life. She kept a separate blank book of her own where she would create her own images of things dreamed of the night before. A box of her favorite breakfast cereal was drawn and colored in. The next day it appeared on the kitchen table. Coincidence was not in her vocabulary as Susie thought to herself that maybe what she drew, came to happen. As an experiment to prove her idea, she drew a new car in mom and dad's driveway. They won a lottery drawing the next day, just enough for a new car which her parents bought shortly afterwards. It sat parked in the driveway and looked exactly like what Susie had colored in. She realized a special gift or magic that she had but kept this secret to herself and never told anybody. Throughout her teen years and early twenties she would draw and color in those things she felt that were needed the most. Not out of greed, but of necessity. At thirty years old she felt lonely without a boyfriend and a dream from the night before told her what to draw and color in next. She was very artistic by this time and paid very close attention to details. The drawing was of a church with people walking into it. In her mind it was wedding about to happen. One year later she was blessed there in a marriage that she so desperately dreamed of. The now filled in blank book was left somewhere on top of a table where the bride and groom sat at the hall of their reception. One last page remained which showed a honeymoon resort where they would eventually go to. The janitors cleaned up after the wedding and never found a book that was left there. However, they did pick up a box of Susie's crayons...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this idea and the mystery surrounding whether the power comes from the crayons the book or Susie herself is intriguing. I think this concept might even do better if you were to expand the story. This power could lend itself to a lot of interesting situations depending on where you took it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this beautiful compliment.



Reviews

I really like this idea and the mystery surrounding whether the power comes from the crayons the book or Susie herself is intriguing. I think this concept might even do better if you were to expand the story. This power could lend itself to a lot of interesting situations depending on where you took it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this beautiful compliment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 26, 2015
Last Updated on February 26, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing