Always Be Tuned Into..by Michael

Always Be Tuned Into..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

A popular talk show radio host took questions from his listeners as he answered the best he could. Sometimes there were celebrity guests in the booth doing the same thing. The station had a huge audience and many fans of his for just about fifteen years now. Gerry retired from the business well liked and he was even a guest on several late night T V talk shows. It was time for a long needed vacation and he booked a flight from Los Angeles to New York for a six month stay. The man who answered questions and gave good advice for fifteen years now relaxed on his flight to another city 3,000 miles away. The first class cabin had a movie to watch as Gerry plugged in the headphones and put the headset over his ears. Static and then a clear female voice said "please visit me. I have been a fan of yours for all fifteen years and found out you were coming here to New York". Jeanie gave her address and he jotted it down as if this was all a dream. The static broke up and the movie continued as he wondered just what happened as this was totally impossible and unexpected. There was a three hour time difference and he received the message when most likely she would be asleep and in bed. After unpacking he took out the note with her address and drove there. She explained to him about a dream she had and then he understood partially the reality of what was going on. Neither questioned why the unexpected or the unexplained just happened. They just went with it without saying a word to anybody else. The six month vacation became a permanent stay as Gerry and Jeanie eventually got married. Messages exchanged over headphones from one station to another. That being the human heart that we should always be tuned into...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on March 5, 2015
Last Updated on March 5, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing