Angels And Screen Names..by Michael

Angels And Screen Names..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Michael felt that there wasn't much time as he lay in the hospital bed. The tubes and wire reminded him of a complicated radio he once tried to build and put together from scratch. His life was reviewed in the lonely part of his brain that wished for something special before his time was up. That chance came when the nurse handed him his daily notepad as he neatly printed something that surfaced from a very long time ago. It was a combination of some letters with a few numbers that formed a screen name that he once knew. The nurse saw a tear in his eye and felt that this was something he really needed. She smiled and promised him to write to this e mail address with his request. The lady in question opened her mail and wondered how after all these years he had remembered her. "You have a visitor", the nurse said to Michael a few days later. Martha looked at him with a question of sadness in her eyes, yet happiness at the same time for being able to meet him once again. He neatly printed on his note pad "I wouldn't let the angels come for me until I had seen you once more". She squeezed his hand and kissed him on the cheek. Michael's vital signs rose from nearly flat to a steady healthy rhythm. He pulled the wires and tubes like an old radio he once tried to build and sat up with a twinkle in his eyes. Michael spoke for the first time and said to a lost part of his life, "I love you still". Let the records show that the spirit was healed as so was the body in a hospital room where very few miracles are reported. My name is Julie and I was that nurse who witnessed this miracle and discharged him from the hospital with a clean bill of health. One month later I got an invitation to their wedding....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on March 11, 2015
Last Updated on March 11, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing