The Gardener..by Michael

The Gardener..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Emily got her divorce and he moved out. She was now sole proprietor of the house. There were no children involved from their two year marriage and no more help was there to tend to the lush garden surrounding her property. Emily needed to hire a gardener on weekends to do what her ex husband used to take care of. A reference check with recommendations was performed as the interview proceeded with positive results. He was hired for Saturdays from nine am to eleven am and on Sundays from two PM till four PM. The garden bloomed with spring and summer flowers just the way it used to be before her divorce. Sometimes he would drive her to places she needed to go to on those weekends as Emily had no car of her own. It was just a favor he did without extra pay. He showed up one Monday morning as she was leaving for work and said, "I know this is not my time to be here but," as his words stopped there and he held his shy held down and just extended his hand out to her. A rose picked from her garden was clutched in his hand. Emily was surprised but touched at the same time as she held it up and sniffed its fragrance. "My ex husband never gave me a flower, let alone a rose", she said to him. Emily placed it in a vase that was empty on her nightstand in the bedroom for too many years that were forgotten. Michael did the arrangements in an outdoor garden the following summer. It was there at a wedding ceremony where he handed her a hand picked rose just before the priest blessed their marriage. We travel on loves path for a second time. Emily looked out her window on many weekends to come to see the gardener...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A volume in a few words. I thought I understood the story until the last two lines. Now I am not sure. Nevertheless I enjoyed it and like your lean style.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thanks for enjoying it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Added on March 18, 2015
Last Updated on March 18, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing