And A Childhood Friend..by Michael

And A Childhood Friend..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Teresa grew up with a favorite doll. It was not only a childhood toy, but a playmate and someone to talk to. Those things were very real back then and were taken quite seriously. She became a teenager but kept her old friend as maybe a special bond never meant them to be separated. At twenty seven years old she decided to move out of her parents home and get her own apartment. A good job with a decent salary allowed Teresa to do just that. She packed all of her belongings in some suitcases and boxes as the move was made. Her doll was the last item and just put in a small shopping bag for convenience to carry it. The suitcases and boxes were unpacked first as they were the heaviest items. She forgot about the small shopping bag with her favorite doll that was left in front of the entrance to her new apartment. Tommy picked it up a half hour later as he also just moved in. He thought to himself someone had just accidentally left it there while moving in also. They met in the elevator going down from the same third floor both had now lived in. She opened up to a complete stranger and told him about the doll she had lost. He invited her back to his room as he told her about something special he had found. The doll was returned and she cried and hugged him at this moment. The imaginary friend shed a tear and smiled at the same time, as neither of the adults noticed it. Four years later they got married. Teresa's doll was part of the wedding ceremony. It just sat there on the table and smiled with a few tears of joy. It was the brides and grooms special secret which needed not to be shared. Teresa picked up her doll when nobody noticed and wiped a tear from her eye. Maybe we pack and unpack with that one most important item left behind. Then it is returned by a stranger which brings all three of them together in the near future. Case in point in a short love story about Teresa, Tommy, and a childhood friend....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on March 20, 2015
Last Updated on March 20, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing