Violin Lessons..by Michael

Violin Lessons..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Violin lessons began for Debra at the age of seven. It was a request to her parents where this talented yet young soul displayed her hidden gift of playing music. She excelled in the high school and college bands she was in and at the age of twenty two was discovered by a talent scout who eventually booked her at a solo performance in Madison Square Garden. A standing ovation applauded this young genius who touched the hearts of each who listened to her perform. Later in life she played her violin in some of the most memorable movies which won academy awards. At the age of forty her body succumbed to a fatal bout with pneumonia. I sat next to my daughter's bedside in those final moments and cried a lifetime of tears. There were thousands who lit candles at a vigil who attended this most talented soul. Her violin sits in my bedroom beneath a window where the stars shine outside. A wand crosses its strings and keeps me up at night where dreams and reality blend together. Debra continues to play and then kisses me on the cheek goodnight as she plays the love of violin lessons continued....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on March 28, 2015
Last Updated on March 28, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing