Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
In The Company Of Nature..by Michael

In The Company Of Nature..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

The stream led to a pond, where just beyond a waterfall was a splashing combined with a melody of distant birds. A symphony of music to my ears, soothing to the mind and soul. It was a place of bright green grass and a variety of rainbow colored flowers that covered the landscape like a warm blanket on a cold winter night. A peaceful and loving companion in the company of nature. It brought back many fond memories of a one time summer romance in this same place about thirty years ago. Time moves forward, yet stands still sometimes in our hearts trying to relive its moments. It was just before sunset that a few stars twinkled above the trees and shortly a full moon glowed just below the waterfall. The melody of birds was replaced by a tune of crickets rubbing their own magical music together. My tears fell on a thirty year old engagement ring that was saved just for her. This is why I came back here, to possibly heal myself in the company of nature. There was a splashing in the pond at the edge of the waterfall which sounded like feet walking here. She stared at me and then at the ring in the box that sat opened in my extended hand. We spoke our names together at the same time just like thirty years ago. The ring fit as I knew it still would and she said yes. We danced under the waterfall and got married there also. Not by traditional means, but in the company of nature...A matter of healing sometimes takes place where we used to be. Then it shows up once again. Listen for a splashing combined with a melody of distant birds where no matter the place or time, leaves to a love meant to be in the company of nature...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on March 29, 2015
Last Updated on March 29, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing