Manhattan Clam Chowder

Manhattan Clam Chowder

A Story by Michael Reisman

Looking back on a cold winter afternoon, I picked up the menu and noticed the choice of soups. It was 1980 back then and this event had changed my life forever. Who would of thought that a simple lunch could do that at a local diner? A hot grilled cheese sandwich followed by a bowl of Manhattan clam chowder did just that. It was reddish orange color with an aroma that would make one hungry a mile away. The waitress placed it on the table and said to me, "that's my favorite soup and I make mean one at home from scratch". I took that comment as a possible way of her flirting with me and before leaving the diner I asked her if we could get together some time. That same month of December a date was set up for dinner at her place. Something light but delicious was served by her. A grilled cheese sandwich and a hot bowl of Manhattan clam chowder. Looking back to 1981 was the result of the events that happened in 1980. We decided to get married that year but not in the summer as most couples do. It was in the middle of winter during late December that the event was to take place. The reception was decorated in colors of a combination of red and orange. Guests were cold from the trip there and probably wanted something hot to eat. The waitresses showed the menu and for some reason most of them ordered a grilled cheese and a bowl of Manhattan clam chowder....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on April 1, 2015
Last Updated on April 1, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing