Available Seats..by Michael

Available Seats..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Teresa stood on the train and held on to white handle above her for support. She was obviously pregnant and needed to really sit down. Other passengers noticed her but put their heads back down and ignored a fellow human being in need of a simple place to sit. Tommy noticed her standing there from his seat halfway through the train car. He picked up his bag and placed it on his seat. Then Tommy walked briskly to where she was standing. "Please take my seat for the rest of your ride", he said with a compassionate smile. "I never thought I would need a seat this much, so thank you for helping me", was her reply. Tommy took her hand and led Teresa to the other half of the subway car where her seat was now waiting. She dozed off for the remaining thirty minute ride to work. Her stop was announced as it woke her up. Before she left, Teresa gave Tommy a kiss on the cheek as a thank you. He always had a seat to go as his was the first local stop before arriving in the city. Hers was the fifth as by then the subway car was full. Tommy remembered the middle door of the subway car that she entered yesterday morning. He purposely sat there so that she would see him. He picked up his bag and placed it on his seat. She smiled at him and knew what was about to happen. Teresa held his hand for the next four weeks as he escorted her a short distance to a needed place to sit. They kissed on the lips for the first time as a special bond and connection was established. Teresa wasn't married but the pregnancy was a result from an unfortunate one night stand. Eventually left work on maternity leave but lost the baby. Three years later Teresa and Tommy got married. She now lives with him at his home where it just happens to be the first stop on the train to work. They now sit together all the time. She became pregnant as the baby was born healthy and happy. There were plenty of seats on the train one Saturday morning as he pushed the stroller as all three were comfortable. Maybe someone sees another who needs assistance. Then a new beginning happens where trains and available seats have a way of finding love...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on April 5, 2015
Last Updated on April 5, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing