Life Is Precious..by Michael

Life Is Precious..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Twelve year old Bobby sat by the edge of lake with his fishing pole. It was his first time as he thought to give it a try. The idea was just for fun and sport and not a late dinner. He reeled in a fish after twenty minutes and then saw it flopping around after he took the hook out of its mouth. Its gills opened and shut frantically as the fish struggled to breath. This was not what Bobby expected and then realized that the life of another would soon be over. He immediately released his catch and threw it back into the lake as it recovered and swam away. In his later years Bobby became involved in animal rights. He often went to dear and duck hunting grounds where he would say to the hunter, "before you pull the trigger, think about if it was you that was about to be killed". Second thoughts would enter the minds of these hunters as they realized what was never thought about before. Life is precious! Bobby wrote a book at the age of thirty two years old. It became a best seller as a lot of fishing poles and guns were put away by readers who were touched by his stories. A lot of species remain alive today as God and nature intended them to be. Bobby was almost attacked by a grisly bear while hiking in a region were they were common. A bald eagle swooped down and scared the bear away. Maybe the favor was returned by a bird in nature who had appreciated what Bobby had done for them in the past. What goes around, comes around as we learn about compassion. In both cases we have a moral to this short story. In humans and in nature, life is precious...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A twelve year old having those thoughts without guidance is something that is lacking in the world. Good message for any reader.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Enjoyed the fables fabric, story morality and scenery. (Love nature and waters).
Positive ending!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for enjoying this!
Gene

9 Years Ago

YW................
This reads like a parable or a folk tale. Very unique.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it J.A.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2015
Last Updated on April 9, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing