Late Breakfast Early Lunch..by Michael

Late Breakfast Early Lunch..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Regina had to make a life changing choice about her grandma. It wasn't easy as she decided to have the plug pulled instead of letting her continue the way she was. The doctors told her that if by chance, her grandma would come out of the coma, she would literally lose her speech and memories along with the ability to possibly move around the way she used to. Regina held her hand those last few moments as the life support was terminated. She felt grandma squeeze her hand in approval as the granddaughter kissed her one last time goodbye. Even the doctor there shed quite a few tears at this emotional event. Regina woke up one Saturday morning and smelled something very familiar from a childhood memory. It was when grandma used to baby sit her as a child. "Your late breakfast or early lunch is ready for you my darling grandchild"...the voice whispered in her ear. Regina went directly to the kitchen and there was her old favorite dish of macaroni and cheese sitting on the table. She cried and smiled at the same time from grandma's visit to her. The fork in the road was a decision to be made which happened to be the right choice. it was confirmed one Saturday morning in the kitchen where Regina often has her favorite late breakfast or early lunch...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on April 15, 2015
Last Updated on April 15, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing