To What That Song Was..by Michael

To What That Song Was..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Amanda felt like dancing to some music one Saturday evening. The was a club that had 70's disco songs and another place with a live band that played 60's oldies. She really liked both and the decision was a tough one to make. Amanda drove to the disco club and then suddenly changed her mind for no apparent reason except maybe woman's intuition. It was another two miles that she drove to the other place with a live band that played 60's oldies. Favorite long forgotten dances were played as the guests did the twist, the watusi, mashed potatoes, and others. The final song was from 1965. A slow one by The Righteous Brothers called "Unchained Melody". Anthony introduced himself and asked her for this final slow dance as Amanda accepted. Former high school sweethearts who graduated that same year was finally reunited once again. Three years later they had hired an oldies band that played at their wedding. They specialized in 60's music. The last song of their wedding reception was a slow one. It was from 1965 as you may now know what that song was....Maybe a fork in the road leads us to a last minute change of mind where we shall end up. Case in point in a short love story about Amanda and Anthony, where we are all drawn to what that song was...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on April 21, 2015
Last Updated on April 21, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing