Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
In The Right Direction..by Michael

In The Right Direction..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Both of Arlene's sisters lived in another borough about forty five minutes away. It's been a long since she had visited them and made two quick phone calls to see if the following Saturday would be alright for them. One day spent with one of them, another day with the other was the plan which they all agreed upon. Arlene came to a familiar stop sign where a left turn would take her to one, and a right turn would take her to the other. For some unknown reason, she made a left instead of a right which was the original plan. Arlene would just call the other sister and push their plans up one day ahead, no problem. There was a diner on the way where she had to stop for a quick bite to eat as she was starving for an early lunch. That was where she shared a booth with a stranger who eventually introduced himself as Andy. It turned out he also took an unexpected turn the last minute to visit one of his two brothers for a stay one day apiece. Phone numbers were exchanged because this strange coincidental or maybe fateful event of them meeting at this diner for the first time. Both had excellent visits with their sisters and brothers and after they got home, he called Arlene as promised. It was three years later that the four of toasted one another with glasses of champagne. Their wedding was just a final chapter in the beginning of short story where a fork in the road made difference on how our paths are supposed to meet when the time is right. Case in point in a short love story about Arlene and Andy, where a stop sign pointed them in the right direction...
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i felt there was slight repetition in this piece, very good otherwise though.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

I'll try to avoid to avoid the repetition next time. Thanks.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 3, 2015
Last Updated on May 3, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing