The Legacy Continues..by Michael

The Legacy Continues..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Kevin remembered a yearly summer vacation his parents used to take him to. It was owned by his dad's brother, which would be Kevin's uncle. Such fond memories had to be gone back to, as he looked it up to see if it was still there. The same name was kept, but of course now a different owner. Thirty six year old Kevin remembered the exact route to get there as it used to a yearly trip for him for so many years. The same small stones of gravel crunched beneath his tires as he entered the huge backdoor parking lot. His favorite place was the top of a small mountain that had an excellent view of the countryside below. Kevin remembered two distinct paths to walk in order to get there. One was a shortcut which took a thirty minute hike, the other was a winding path which took an hour. He decided on the longer one as to enjoy the scenery and sounds of nature. At the top there would be a small boulder rock which one could climb up on to enjoy the breathtaking view below. Dangling feet swung back and forth as someone had already arrived there. Kathy looked down from the small boulder and remembered Kevin from so many years ago. Teenage sweethearts who used to go the same summer vacation while growing up. After a long hug and quite a few kisses, she told him about the same path she took to get here. A fork in the road so to speak, which led to a matter of timing where they both were supposed to be at the same time. It was a few years that the now married couple brought their son and daughter to a place where now the legacy continues...
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The sentiment is sweet. We all have "that place" from our youth. I would clean up some of the errors (you forgot a "be" in this segment "...as it used to a yearly trip...") and vary up some word choices here and there.
It has an excellent feel though. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

My grammar has always been my downfall, sorry.
Justin Robben

8 Years Ago

Absolutely no need for apology! hehe Maybe find someone you trust/know to "fix" things up is all. It.. read more



Reviews

The sentiment is sweet. We all have "that place" from our youth. I would clean up some of the errors (you forgot a "be" in this segment "...as it used to a yearly trip...") and vary up some word choices here and there.
It has an excellent feel though. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

My grammar has always been my downfall, sorry.
Justin Robben

8 Years Ago

Absolutely no need for apology! hehe Maybe find someone you trust/know to "fix" things up is all. It.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 8, 2015
Last Updated on May 8, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing