Summer Love..by Michael

Summer Love..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

The letters Henry was receiving from his girlfriend became less frequent as the summer progressed. Harriet was at a summer resort for June, July, and August after graduating the same college with her boyfriend Henry. His fears were confirmed in late August when a simple post card was delivered to home.  A familiar scenario that happens all too often. Losing the one you love over a summer romance. It was seven years later when Henry booked reservations for that same hotel where they first met during their high school years. It was early June when at the outdoor pool he went to the bar area for a cold beer. Upon his third drink, a lady sat next to him about the same age and said to the bartender, "I'll have the same as him and the next one is on me". Henry recognized his former sweetheart as she already knew who he was. They looked at each other and she started to cry. "I made a huge mistake some years ago, can you forgive me"? Henry just hugged her at that moment which answered her question without saying another word. An outdoor wedding was planned for the following June at that same resort. July and August would be their extended honeymoon. Maybe a fork in the road has a return trip to where it all started. Case in point in a short love story about Henry and Harriet, along with a rekindled summer love...
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Aya
Awww...nice...very short but at same time tells all..nicely written... Like it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Aya. You may want to look at my 19 books of short stories at www.michaelreisman.ne.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 18, 2015
Last Updated on May 18, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing