Basement Apartment..by Michael

Basement Apartment..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

After the divorce I found a basement apartment to live in. A nice change of pace from previously walking up two flights of stairs. The living room was first as you entered, then the kitchen with a bathroom and shower inside. Stove and microwave included. A small wall unit fit my stereo and speakers in the living room as a cot with a blanket and pillow was good enough for me to sleep on. There was also a bar area with a counter and two stools where I could fix my drinks and entertain company if need be. The driveway was shared by me and the landlord who lived one flight above me. A subway station only a half a block away was very convenient for getting to work and back home again. It was time for me to meet other girls as the need for companionship filled my heart once again. A nearby car service drove me to the single bars three exits away on the nearby highway. It was three months later when I invited my first guest back to my basement apartment. She was tired as so was I after we talked, drank, and ate for the few hours that led into in the morning. We slept together in that small cot that was made for one, but fit two if cuddled together. She was impressed that I didn't try to have intimate relations that night as most guys would. That was the fork in the road that made her think this could be the man she was looking for. I drove her home that Saturday afternoon and we continued to see each other. One year later we got married as it was also her second time around. The small cot was taken out and replaced by a queen size bed. And so this short love story will continue which started but will not end in my basement apartment....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
Added on June 8, 2015
Last Updated on June 8, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing