To Watch The Sunset..by Michael

To Watch The Sunset..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Forty two year old Wendy suddenly felt like a kid again. It was a flashback of years gone by growing up in Brooklyn, New York. A weekend place that her parents often took her to known as Coney Island. Famous for its fast food and a wide variety of rides to go on. Cotton candy, fries, and cheeseburgers along with roller coasters, spook houses, merry go rounds and other wonderful memories. There was also a special place under the boardwalk where she used to lay on a blanket and watch the waves come in and go out, washing the hot sand in its path. This would be her last stop at the end of the day watching the sunset as she used to do so many years ago. One fond memory however was forgotten as we sometimes block them to avoid what once was. It was triggered suddenly when she noticed two names carved into one of the wooden posts that held up the board walk above. "Wendy & Wally" was still there. A heart surrounding their names. Forty five year old Wally suddenly felt like a kid again. It was a flashback of years gone by growing up in Brooklyn, New York. A weekend place that his parents often took him to known as Coney Island. He went to a special place under the boardwalk just before Wendy was about to leave. Wally noticed the lady staring at the wooden post and approached her. "It's still there", he said with tears in his eyes. She recognized him as sometimes blocked memories surface once again. An outdoor wedding took place one year later. There was just enough time for the bride and groom along with the guests to watch the sunset. Maybe a fork in the road leads to a place where we need to be at the right time. Case in point about a short love story between Wendy and Wally, where we take time once again to watch the sunset....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
Added on June 14, 2015
Last Updated on June 14, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing