Sitting Together..by Michael

Sitting Together..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Benny found a shortcut to work while driving through the streets of Manhattan. A new path that would save him ten minutes off of his traveling time. It was raining that Monday morning when he stopped at a red light. He noticed a young lady standing there trying to hail down a taxi cab ride with no success. Benny rolled down his passenger side window and yelled out "you need a ride"? Barbara responded "yes, I am now almost ten minutes late for work". It turned out that they were both headed in the same direction and to the same department store that both had worked in. It was that Wednesday when he saw her in the company cafeteria. Benny and Barbara had lunch together that afternoon. She no longer takes the train to work as he lived only one mile away and offered Barbara a daily ride. One year later at the company Christmas party, their wedding plans were announced. Maybe a fork in the road which happened to be a shortcut to work led to something much more than that. Case in point in a short love story about Benny and Barbara, where the path we drive and walk, lead to us sitting together for a lifetime...
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's truly mysterious how things play out...was it just a coincidence, or was it destiny from the start. Almost as if everything happens for a reason. Great post.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

So glad you liked this story and thank you Noble. See my 19 books of short stories at www.michaelrei.. read more
Sometimes fate puts you in the right place at the right time. As someone who had a similar experience and been in a relationship with him for 4 years I appreciate the simplicity of this story and the significance of little twists of fate

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much enjoying this. Looks like we traveled the same path.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 18, 2015
Last Updated on June 18, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing