Never Fall Down Again..by Michael

Never Fall Down Again..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Barbara went to her favorite public park one July Saturday morning. She got there early and unpacked her stuff at the bench which was the one she liked to sit on. This park had outdoor grills already set up and available for those who like to barbeque. As usual her burgers and hot dogs came along with a small case of beer and a cooler with ice. A portable radio with pre-recorded oldies on cassette tapes would be her musical entertainment. Music from the 60's from which she grew up from and loved. One last item was brought which happened to be her favorite toy. A hula hoop that whirled around our waists while our hips tried to keep it up as long as possible before falling down. Chubby Checker sang the twist on the pre-recorded tape and was time for Barbara to dance with that favorite toy around her waist. Benny heard the song as he put on his favorite old toy and decided to dance also from only two benches away. This was where and how they met for the first time. The rest of the day was spent together as coolers of beer, hot dogs, burgers, and fond memories were shared that afternoon. Both of the now forty three olds had a lot in common.
A permit was signed by both as the park agreed to hold their outdoor plans for a wedding one year later. A live band played 60's oldies as the bride gave the signal for that special song. The husband and wife put on an old favorite toy as their hips kept in tune with the spinning hula hoops that would never fall down again....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your transition from a line to another is very smooth and the ideas though brief are well linked

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

Thank you enjoying it and I appreciate the nice compliment. Check out my 19 books of short stories a.. read more
Feriel zaghouani

8 Years Ago

I wilL indeed :)
Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

Thank you Ferie :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 25, 2015
Last Updated on June 25, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing