Vanilla Ice Cream With Sprinkles..by Michael

Vanilla Ice Cream With Sprinkles..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Forty two year old Stephanie moved back to the borough she used to live in. The real estate agent showed her a house which happened to be on the exact same block she remembered as a kid. The fourth one from the corner where she was raised by mom and dad. The price was right and within her budget as the deal was done and the property was now hers. All of the rooms were still there and nothing has changed except for different color schemes and wallpaper. She decided to sleep in the bedroom that she once remembered. Her parents bedroom was bigger, but Stephanie made a choice where she felt most comfortable from before. It was a Saturday afternoon some months later, when during a nap she heard the ringing of a bell outside. Not the doorbell, but that of the good humor man in his white truck that came around every weekend at 3 PM. Dad gave her some money as the now thirteen year old Stephanie went outside and stood on a line of other kids waiting to be served. She ordered her favorite vanilla ice cream with sprinkles but was fifteen cents short. Fourteen year Steven who was right behind her, had some extra change and paid for her. He also moved to a borough that was once lived in as a kid and bought a house right next to hers. A former boyfriend and girlfriend in those early teenage years now got a second chance. This time around they never moved away from that block that was once lived on. In their late 20's Stephanie and Steven got married. A special dish was served just for them after dinner. It was vanilla ice cream with sprinkles.....Maybe a fork in the road takes a path to a place we used to grow up in. Saturday afternoons remain the same for a couple in love who traveled back in time for a chance to be together once again.
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 3, 2015
Last Updated on July 3, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing