Twinkle, Twinkle..by Michael

Twinkle, Twinkle..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

"Twinkle, twinkle little star. How I wonder where you are. Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky"...A nursery rhyme which also served as a lullaby which I think we all remember. It was something little Barbara looked forward to as mom sang it to her every night. A simple tune that would ease her into a peaceful and happy sleep. This nursery rhyme would remain with her growing up into adulthood as she sang herself to sleep. The now twenty five year old Barbara sat on a stool in a local bar she attended on Saturday evenings. The clock on the wall reached the midnight hour as she started to yawn. The young man sitting next to her did the same. He started to hum a familiar lullaby which immediately caught her attention. It was something he did as a trigger to remind him it was time to go home and get some sleep. Barbara and Bert talked for the next ten minutes as that was how they met that Saturday evening. She learned that it was also his favorite thing to look forward to as mom used to help him get to sleep. As tired as they were, phone numbers were exchanged for a possible getting together again. The attraction was there as the dating began one week later. The now twenty seven year old Barbara and thirty year old Bert walked down the aisle as bride and groom. Nine months after their honeymoon a baby girl was born. Not too long after that, Barbara and Bert would tuck their daughter in her crib. Together in perfect harmony they sang "Twinkle, Twinkle" as a simple tune would ease baby Jessica to sleep.....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Throw back to my childhood, right there. I love this!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

We think alike! Check out my 19 books of short stories at www.michaelreisman.net
What a wonderful tribute to childhood memory....thanks for posting this. It is lovely, and beautiful in its simplicity. I especially like the continuity, demonstrating the value of tradition and generational longevity. Very nicely done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

Glad you liked it Wintershade, thank you so much. Check out my 19 books of short stories on my web s.. read more
This brought me so many emotions. My mother used to sing me to sleep too. Thank you for the reminder.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

We had that in common for sure! If interested, take a look at my 19 books of short stories on my web.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

452 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2015
Last Updated on July 31, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing