Of How They First Met..by Michael

Of How They First Met..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Harriet was a waitress serving tables in a popular diner. She had a habit of keeping a sponge with her while traveling from table to table. It was from years of experience that customers would often spill a drink on their table, so she was ready for it just in case. Henry was one such patron as he reached for the sugar and knocked over his coffee. She was at the right place at the right time when this happened. Her trusty sponge saved the day and she also replaced his coffee at no extra charge. They laughed out loud together when she handed him the sugar. That was what started their seeing each other as a casual attraction between a waitress and a customer. After six months of serious dating, he surprised her with an engagement ring for her birthday. One year later Harriet and Henry got married. She reached for something at their wedding table and accidentally knocked over her glass of champagne. He took out his own personal sponge just in case as he wiped it up. They laughed out loud and remembered old times of how they once met....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like how such a small thing as being the waitress that is bussing tables leads to this chance encounter that eventually leads to marriage. My only humble suggestion: had you considered adding dialogue? Otherwise, thank you, Michael, for such a heartfelt story.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

Welcome and glad you liked it.



Reviews

It's very enlightening, the situation of a waitress and a customer is believable, however I think the time frames are not well justified, like from the restaurant scene I feel like there isn't enough stability that leads to Six months later. Either than that,, it's a good piece :-)

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like how such a small thing as being the waitress that is bussing tables leads to this chance encounter that eventually leads to marriage. My only humble suggestion: had you considered adding dialogue? Otherwise, thank you, Michael, for such a heartfelt story.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

Welcome and glad you liked it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

424 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2015
Last Updated on August 26, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing