Road Work Ahead..by Michael

Road Work Ahead..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Benny was on the way to his brother who just bought his first new home in another city. Five miles to go, when he saw a sign on the highway "Road Work Ahead". The lanes merged into one as traffic became backed up. He decided to get off the next exit and take the streets for the remaining four miles. One block from his destination a car was stalled out in front him. That was when Benny met Barbara. Her car was disabled as the check engine light was on. He called for a tow truck and then offered a ride to where she was going. Strangely enough she was going to visit her sister who had just bought her first home in another city. Her sister's house was right next his brothers house as they both laughed out loud at this strange but true circumstance. Both had agreed that on their two week stay that the four of them would get together. His brother and her sister hit it off as he also did with her. Double dating began shortly afterwards. Two years later an event took place that led to a double wedding. The limo driver got off an exit to take the side streets to a destination of their honeymoon. You see, there was road work ahead.......
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

389 Views
Added on October 1, 2015
Last Updated on October 1, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing