Memory Of A Napkin..by Michael

Memory Of A Napkin..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

In the mid 60's I went to a friends birthday party. It was held in the basement of his parents home as he just turned 17. I knew some of the people there from school and others I didn't. Gail introduced herself to me as she was freshman and I was a senior at that time. The 3 years difference in age didn't matter to us as we got along just fine. The entire four hours of that party we spent together as an obvious connection was made. Just before the party was over, she handed me napkin. It wasn't to wipe the ice cream cake off my lips, but instead was her phone number. That was how it all started between me and Gail. Our dating began and lasted 7 months until we eventually lost touch with each other as most high school sweethearts do. Fast forward to 10 years later....The bar was about to close and last call was announced. For the first time, I looked at the young lady sitting next to me. I slid a fresh napkin in her direction with my phone number on it. Gail looked at me remembered as tears ran down both of our cheeks. Our embraceable hug and kiss needed no words to be spoken. My hand clutched hers and in between was the memory of a napkin....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

389 Views
Added on October 3, 2015
Last Updated on October 3, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing