"Halloween Harriet"..by Michael

"Halloween Harriet"..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

She peeked from around a tree in front of my house. A magic wand waved and then she jumped out and said "happy Halloween". It was my grammar school sweetheart dressed as a little fairy. Our favorite season and celebration which we always spent together through those pre teen years. I gave her the nickname "Halloween Harriet" as she always amazed me at the costumes she wore when we went trick or treating. Eventually we attended high school together and became even more serious in our relationship. Both of our parents approved as we continued to be a couple through our college years. Naturally over time we spent many a thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years together. No fireworks were needed on July fourth since our flame was already established. It was not too long after we graduated college that a special occasion took place. The event was at a rented hall at the end of October. She peeked from around a pillar waving a magic wand. Her costume was that of a bride which made me smile at the memories and wishes of not too long ago. It was "Halloween Harriet"...
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

438 Views
Added on October 15, 2015
Last Updated on October 15, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing