P. S. 198...By Michael

P. S. 198...By Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

On the corner of Albany avenue and Farragut Road in Brooklyn stood a building. It was P. S. 198, the grammar school I once attended so many years ago. Across the street was a luncheonette which most of the students went to during their break. It was a Saturday afternoon when this all happened as I revisited this fond memory of growing up. The luncheonette was empty as I sat down on a stool in front of the counter. A bag of french fries was still on the menu as I ordered just that. He handed me a toothpick as I poked on the fries now soaked in ketchup. Maybe some things never change over the years gone by in almost lost memories. Darlene sat next me and we recognized each other right way as childhood sweethearts. The man behind the counter smiled as he filled up a paper bag with fries and added a toothpick. We heard a bell ring and knew our lunch hour was over. Two thirteen year olds left and went back to class. This time we stayed in touch and eventually got married after graduating college together. The wedding was held in a rented hall a block away from P. S. 198. The photo I remember the most, was of us holding a paper bag with fries and ketchup inside. Two toothpicks included in a journey from past to present in a love story from P. S. 198..........
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Short and sweet, no fluff, right to the point but like the story...kind of poetic with that repetition in there. Very nice.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

So glad you liked it and thank you so much! See my 19 books of short stories at www.michaelreisman.n.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

555 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 11, 2015
Last Updated on November 11, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing