Just Beyond The Baseball Field..by Michael

Just Beyond The Baseball Field..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Just beyond the baseball field was the campgrounds. It lay at a summer resort Cynthia used to go to. A childhood memory of hitting balls and roasting marshmallows in the course of some daily and nightly activities. The hotel was closed during the winter months and she decided to go back there and relive her youthful dreams. Standing behind home plate she hit another home run in her mind as the other kids cheered. Cynthia then walked to the campgrounds just ahead. She unpacked some marshmallows and roasted them from a twig just like it used to be. The counselor told ghost stories as the kids huddled together once again. Steve unpacked his bag with some marshmallows and sat down beside her. A childhood memory of hitting balls and campfires brought him also back to the exact same location. The two of them talked of old times and adolescent romances long gone by but not forgotten. It was the following summer when the now two adults went to a hotel that was open during the summer months. An outdoor wedding that was reserved just beyond the baseball field and into the campgrounds. A romantic and unforgettable photo on the cover of their wedding album. The bride feeding the groom, not a piece of cake, but a marshmallow from a twig. Maybe some places are needed to go back to. For Cynthia and Steve it was just beyond the baseball field...
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An articulated structure sublime piece of writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

Thanks for enjoying it! See my 19 books of short stories at www.michaelreisman.net

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 26, 2015
Last Updated on November 26, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing