One Year Is A Lifetime..by Michael

One Year Is A Lifetime..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Hi, my name is Betty and I am 12 years old. Mom and dad surprised me with a gift for no special occasion. It was a Saturday morning when they woke me up as they said "check by the foot of your bed." A small carrying case with a handle sat there which I never had seen before. Then I heard a faint "meow" which told me what this fantastic gift was. I gently took her out and held my new friend in my arms as she purred in delight. Her bright green eyes smiled at me and I smiled back. I would call her Sabrina. After hugging mom and dad for this beautiful pet, I promised to take care of her and love her with all my heart. Daily food and fresh water was given by me along with keeping up with changing the litter box. I am now 13 and Sabrina is 1 year old. My girlfriend Joyce came over one Sunday to play with me. She was excited about us going outside and held the door open as she said "let's go play". It was then that Sabrina ran out of the house and into the street. The screeching sound of tires made my heart sink as I ran out into the street. My beloved Sabrina was killed...A lump in my throat was followed by a million tears as I held her lifeless body in my arms. Mom and dad buried her in the garden with a tombstone that read..Sabrina, One year is a lifetime. I hugged that small piece of stone every Sunday and talked to her as if she was still here. One night I awoke to the sound of purring on my pillow where she used to sleep. A tail brushed across my face and a familiar tongue liked the happy tears from my cheeks. One year is a lifetime.....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

536 Views
Added on December 24, 2015
Last Updated on December 24, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing