To Find The Sunset

To Find The Sunset

A Story by matpat
"

Cat and dog are best friends, but one day they loose their favorite thing.

"

     Cat and Dog loved to play together. They ran in the sun and shade, they bounded through open fields that held pink daises, and blue roses. Cat and Dog loved to wondered around the forest looking for acorns and dandelions.

     The thing they loved to do the most was watch the sunset. the beautiful  colors the sun made when it touched the horizon were unforgettable. The sun beamed warm golden rays, which reflected of the clouds turning them a coral pint color.

    Everyday Cat and Dog would lay down after a full day of playing and watch the sunset.

    But one day after the sun went down, it not make the same colors as it did when Cat and Dog watched. The sun went down and then the sky turned dark, and the tiny stars appeared next to the shining moon.

"Where do you think the sunset is?" Dog asked Cat.

"I don't know, maybe tomorrow we should look for it." Cat told Dog.

"Okay." Dog said to Cat.

     The next day Dog and Cat woke up early to find the sunset. They looked around the tall redwood trees, under rocks, and in the stream. Dog dug holes in the ground while Cat climbed trees. They jumped from the tall waterfall into the deep, deep lake in hopes of finding their lost sunset. Cat and Dog hopped into the tall yellow grass where deers roamed. They looked in fields of wild mushroom, but they did not find the sunset.

     Cat and Dog sat down on top of the tall hill where they would normally watch the sunset. As the sun came down Cat and Dog were sad because they would not see the sunset.

     But to their surprise, as the sun came down the sky turned a pale blue and the clouds became orange.

"The sunset!" Cat and Dog exclaimed in excitement.

     While the sun sank into the horizon Cat and Dog watched.

"This is the prettiest sunset I ever did see." Dog said to Cat.

"Me too." Cat said. And together they watched treasuring the sunset they loved the most.

© 2015 matpat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
Added on January 2, 2015
Last Updated on January 2, 2015

Author

matpat
matpat

gilbert, AZ



About
I like my choices... I hope you like yours -the fault in our stars You still have a lot of time in this world to be what you want to be. there's still good in this world. -the outsiders Someti.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by matpat


Seale Seale

A Book by matpat


My Opinion My Opinion

A Poem by matpat