Skinny Girl

Skinny Girl

A Story by matpat
"

Its not all it's cracked up to be.

"

Sometimes I hate being skinny.

My friends like to poke me to feel my bones.

Others look at me with disgust because they can see my veins.

They whisper that I should eat junk food and get fat.

Skinny as crap is common for me, or skinny as a twig.

I've even heard the crude comment that I came straight from the holocausts.

It's hard to live in a world like we have.

Because even when you're skinny, people still tease you.

Why change for the ever changing society?

© 2015 matpat


Author's Note

matpat
I'm sorry this is such a downer on you guys but it's truly the way I feel and honestly, judging people by their looks is stupid and childish. Lots of people tell me how lucky I am while others point at me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely love a piece wherein a personal truth is being spoken with deep conviction & no uncertain terms. I'm so sick of pretty superficial writing. Your poem feels like a drink of complex wine to me, after being in the desert of smoothed-over meanings & distorted feelings. You've said it exactly like you feel it & this is what brings power & originality to our writings! BRAVO! . . . Now can you let me in on the secret of your lovely thinness? *smile* (((HUGS)))

Posted 8 Years Ago


matpat

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! There is no secret it just happens, fast metabolism, too fast, but I don't mind i.. read more
I hope you felt better after expressing yourself. It's a little surprising though. Here in our country, people see skinny as the standard for being sexy. They'd be dying just to wear your shoes. Anyways, good piece, I enjoyed it. It was well-phrased and your honesty was genuine and potent. Have a nice day ahead! :-)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


matpat

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I was confused too, apparently being too skinny is a sin :p
Lavender Soya

9 Years Ago

No it's not, Insecurities are toxic. They should know that :-D See you around!
You'll be surprised that thin children can get picked on as well as obese kids. Inspiring for my little students that no matter what sizes, gender, or race, we should be proud of who we are.
Thanks for your submission

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


I am sad to live in a society that is like this. That girls are judged no matter what size they are. This expresses this frustration so clearly. I enjoyed reading it. Well done.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


matpat

9 Years Ago

Thanks, I came home from school super annoyed that this happened to people like me almost everything.. read more
Crazycatgirl_10

9 Years Ago

Yeah. I had the exact opposite said to me. That I was too fat and I remember how frustrated it made .. read more
matpat

9 Years Ago

It's really annoying that whatever you do people just keep being rude.
Being very thin myself I can relate. People like to put thin people down because they are upset by the media suggesting that large people are not beautiful too. No need to apologize about being a downer. It is good to write what you know.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


matpat

9 Years Ago

YES!IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THE SAME WAY!:D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

450 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2015
Last Updated on March 7, 2015

Author

matpat
matpat

gilbert, AZ



About
I like my choices... I hope you like yours -the fault in our stars You still have a lot of time in this world to be what you want to be. there's still good in this world. -the outsiders Someti.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by matpat


Seale Seale

A Book by matpat


My Opinion My Opinion

A Poem by matpat