At the Door

At the Door

A Story by matpat
"

Dear God, please bless that nothing bad happens like the last time. -amen

"

Dear God, please bless that nothing bad happens like the last time.

-amen


The last time...SOOO! The last time I babysat it ended up really bad.


          I step into the massive house with Mrs.Marley, the lady who called me to babysit for her. She led me upstairs to meet her children Destiney and Gracie.

          Destiney stepped out of her room with her Brown curly hair bobbing up and down with each step she took. Gracie was almost an exact copy. they said hello and immediately proceeded to urge me to read to them.

"We'll put Carmen up for the night." Mrs. Marley said to me as she gestured to her bedroom door, Carmen being their dog.

"Okay." I said with a smile.

         Once they had left and I had read about a zillion books we decided to go downstairs to watch TV. Destiney and Gracie took about an hour to choose their movie while I worked to make popcorn as their mom had requested. Once the movie was in full swing  and the popcorn had been devoured we all sat quietly. That's when I started to hear noises at the back door (which, I was sitting right next to.)

          At first it was only scratching. I thought it was just something hanging on the back door, but I pulled out my cellphone and texted my mom. She replied that it was probably nothing and that I shouldn't worry about it.

          Then I saw the doorknob twist. I thanked god that the door was locked. My heart was pounding so hard I thought it would crack my ribs. I could literally hear my bones rattle beneath the flesh. so I texted the kids parents, then dialed 911. I'm not really sure what most people think about when they call the cops, but I was pretty exited to tell my friends the next day at school.

          They arrived within minutes and right as they opened up the door I heard a loud thump against the back door. By this time Gracie and Destiney had come to the front room and asked questions about why these police men were here, I ignored them.

          The two police men opened the back door and to my surprise, it was Carmen. You got it! The dog. I called the cops, for a dog.

    

© 2015 matpat


Author's Note

matpat
This is a true story about how I will never get another babysitting job from Mrs. Marley. Please tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very embarrassing I would imagine. But better safe than sorry. Funny story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


matpat

9 Years Ago

Yes very embarrassing, but the good news is that I'm a blonde in the hair and the heart so I got an .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on February 10, 2015
Last Updated on February 10, 2015

Author

matpat
matpat

gilbert, AZ



About
I like my choices... I hope you like yours -the fault in our stars You still have a lot of time in this world to be what you want to be. there's still good in this world. -the outsiders Someti.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by matpat


Seale Seale

A Book by matpat


My Opinion My Opinion

A Poem by matpat