Ashes To Ashes

Ashes To Ashes

A Poem by AK
"

Even when I'm gone I want folks to smile when they remember me. This will be carved right smack in the middle of my headstone.

"

Ashes to ashes

Dust to dust

Glad it was him

And not one of us!

© 2008 AK


Author's Note

AK
I had to feature this piece because after countless contests and hours of pouring my heart into writing and editing in an effort to win a coveted blue ribbon, it was this silly little thing that finally secured my place in history here at the Cafe. Go figure...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, how your humor abounds my good friend!
I will remember you and laugh knowing this is your epitaph.
Here's to you....
Kelly :)


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Living here in San Diego, I occasionally go to LA to visit Westwood Memorial, where Marilyn Monroe is. There are many other stars there...and this reminded me of some of the inscriptions on the stones!

Thank you for taking the time to read and review me!

My best,
Kelly Scheppers

Posted 16 Years Ago


I love it! I was not expecting this at all! I had a much needed laugh with this one, it is priceless!
And yes to what Emily said, too. :+)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Go figure! I know enough of you to be certain, that someday, you will be terribly missed by all who know you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

lol...that was funny. but on that note, I'm glad it was him and not me too. smile


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

haha, love this! Thanks for entering the contest. Man that fall picture makes me miss it, soon though soon fall will be here.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

haha CUTEE

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now this is just funny. Thank you for the laugh, I've needed it for days now.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
AWK!!!! I laughed. I howled. [I snorted, too] then hooted, cackled, guffawed ....... rolled on the floor like I only do with my friend JeanMarie ......... and only hope I retain my sense of Socratic incongruity til the end to so relieve those I leave behind to "lighten up." You are SO SO good, my friend.

Beyond beyond!
~j

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
9 Reviews
Added on February 20, 2008
Last Updated on March 6, 2008

Author

AK
AK

AK



About
If you haven't visited my Alaska... well... well... shame on you : >) Small brook just outside of Woodstock, Vermont. October 14, 2010 "Oh... that feels so good" - May 17, 2009 .. more..

Writing
Just One Just One

A Poem by AK


Blue Moon Blue Moon

A Story by AK



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..